The ASB Library program supports the School's educational goal and encourages the love of reading and learning.
It is a central point for all kinds of cultural activities, access to information, knowledge building, deep thinking, and lively discussions.
ASB Library provides stories and information in a range of formats, appropriate for different ages and abilities. The collection includes Print and Audio and eBooks, database subscriptions, and a wide variety of Inquiry Learning resources.
Library staff works closely with subject and information technology teachers to plan and offer content-based classes to all students in our library instructional program.
Library Program Goals and Objectives
- Helping students choose appropriate reading material.
- Providing access to reading material that informs, engages, extends, challenges, and enraptures readers.
- Encourage a love of books and support the language development of students at all levels.
- Create, Support, and inspire readers, so they can connect the library with reading success and pleasure.
- Support the School's curriculum and empower teaching and learning in the classroom
- Help develop information, research, and citation skills throughout the School.
- Provide information services for students to supplement and complement classroom learning and promote leisure reading
- Promote effective and independent use of the library and online information sources
- Promote literacy by organizing book fairs, author/illustrator events, and a summer reading program