As per the latest directives of the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, American School of Bahrain will deliver an extended virtual learning program until March 14, 2021.
Since January 31, 2021, American School of Bahrain has been delivering e-learning to all students using a variety of platforms using our virtual learning framework. Our leadership team continues to work within this framework so that our students can continue on their journey of educational excellence.
Virtual Learning Objective
To implement a plan that allows our students to continue their learning through various online platforms; providing each student with a robust program and regular, meaningful support during the suspension of face-to-face classes.
Components of the Virtual Learning Plan
We are committed to delivering an approach to virtual learning that provides
· A procedure for online learning opportunities with daily live classes and student activities.
· A structured timetable that provides lessons for each class.
· Lessons and activities that show progression or new learning-not just revision or consolidation.
· An appropriate amount of work.
· Ongoing and active support from teachers.
Virtual Learning Platforms
The platforms above support the continued delivery of our program, allow for video interaction, student submission of learning activities, and collaboration among all groups. Our students, faculty and parents are familiar with these platforms which will support our learning needs with the least amount of disruption and confusion.
· Parent Communication through email.
· Seesaw - This platform is already being used in the PreK to Grade 5 classrooms. This allows for formative and summative assessments as well as opportunities for teacher feedback.
· Google Classroom - This platform is already in use in Grades 6 to 9 and allows for the teachers to create, distribute, and grade assignments.
· Google Apps - We use all of the apps for teaching and to support and share learning.
· Zoom - This will be the program teachers provide their live class to students.
Communication Roles and Responsibilities - Leadership Team
· Continue to develop the initial plan to build on success.
· Meet with parents, faculty and parents for feedback.
· Send out news and information to all community members.
· Communicate with parents and students about concerns when work is not completed.
· Parent/student meetings as needed.
· A member of the Leadership Team will be available from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm every day to answer questions.
· The teachers are also providing office hours to answer any questions about the assignments or to provide support. This will be done on line.
Communication with Families
· Director - Regular update on state of affairs.
· Principal - Regular email to students and parents about learning updates.
· Teachers - Daily communication with lesson assignments, videos and support documents.